S-1 at Englewood, 1945. Nearing the end of her career, the shrouding has been removed and the coupler doors are also gone. This was done to most PRR streamlined engines to "streamline" maintenance. Also notice that the doors providing access to the water hatches on the tender have also been removed. She's not as pretty as when she was built, but still as powerful and smooth running and as fast as ever! (photo by H. K. Vollrath)